According to Chicago roofing experts, gutters help maintain a building’s structural integrity by preventing flooding. If all that humidity seeped into the foundation, the damage would render the home unusable. Here are the 5 most common signs you need new gutters:
- Check for rust Rusty rain gutters develop holes and cracks through which water drips out, leading to more costly problems. Consider rust free aluminum replacements.
- Bowing or sagging is another indication that maintenance work is in order. Usually, this is due to clogging. Consider cleaning and installing gutter guards.
- Water stains on exterior walls mean leaky gutters. In time, this can lead to peeling paint or even mold.
- A flooded basement’s main cause is defective gutters. Water in the cellar can cause serious property damage.
- Visible splits and cracks need to be fixed as soon as they are discovered. Due to the force of running water, a small crack can turn into a large one in no time. Small cracks can be fixed with roof cement, but many larger ones call for a gutter replacement.
When shopping for new gutters, choose aluminum, as it is rust free. Also, don’t forget about gutter guards, Chicago roofing pros advise.
To get more information, go to http://www.nrc4help.com/.